With some servers, or if you are using personal firewall software, you may need to check the "Passive Transfer" box on the Firewall page of the Connection Profile screen. Otherwise, it is possible to manually upload your site using FTP Max or another FTP program - this can give you a better idea of where the problem is.
1) In WebEasy go to the "Build" menu and select "Web Site (HTML)".
2) Make a note of the "Folder" setting.
3) Un-check the "publish now" and "run now" boxes.
4) Click "OK" to Build your site.
5) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Transfer Files" *.
6) You will see the same Connection Profile screen you see in the Publishing Assistant. Use it to connect to the server.
7) In the top half of the screen you will see the files on the server. In the bottom half of the screen you will see the files on your computer. Make sure "Local Folder" is the same as the "Folder" setting in step 2.
8) Select all the files in the bottom half of the screen that make up your site (only the files - not the folders)Click the "Upload" button to publish them.
The files that make up your site will all have names similar to "mysite_001.htm", "mysite001xxx.gif" and "mysite001xxx.jpg". Also, there will usually be other image files that you have used in your site, whose names will be similar to the names of the original image files. For example, an image originally named "My House.jpg" will become "my_house.jpg" when used in a WebEasy site.
* Note that if you are using WebEasy, the "Transfer Files" option will not be available on the "Tools" menu. Instead, go to the Windows Start menu and select "Programs -> WebEasy -> Utilities -> FTP Max".