Making a hit counter work depends to a degree on your hosting provider. The basic idea is that if your hosting provider has a hit counter script, you can use the "Link to Embedded Image" option to include the counter in your site.
To use the "Link to Embedded Image" option:
1) Add an image to your site. This image will be replaced by the hit counter when you preview or publish your site.
2) Select the image and click the "Link" button in the top toolbar.
3) Select the "Internet" tab.
4) Select the "Embedded image" button.
5) In the "Address" box, enter the URL of the counter script. This may be similar to http://www.YOUR_ISP_NAME.com/counter
If your hosting provider does not have a hit counter script, there are free counters available from other sites, but some of these (e.g.: http://www.sitemeter.com) require you to add custom HTML code to your site, which is only supported in WebEasy Professional. The procedure for doing this is as follows:
1) Insert an image into your page in the position where you want the counter to be.
2) Select the image.
3) From the "Tools" menu select "Custom Script Assistant"
4) In the window that appears, make sure the "Object Events" button is selected.
5) Type the HTML code for the counter in the text box labeled "Contents", or press CTRL-V to paste it.
6) Click "OK".
After doing this the image acts as a placeholder for your counter. When you preview the site, the image will be replaced by the counter. You may need to resize the image, depending on the counter. Note that if you use copy-and-paste to duplicate the placeholder, you will need to manually add the script to the new placeholder image - it will not be copied automatically.