You got this notification because PC Cleaner found that your router is using a weak or insecure password. The router password is the first line of security preventing intruders from accessing your network and all connected devices. It is vital for your network security that you use a strong password for your router.
How to fix this problem
Change your routers username and password
- In PC Cleaner click on the “open console” link next to device IP address. This will open the device’s admin console in your browser.
- In the console when prompted, enter the username and password. If you are still using the default login and password that came with your device, then you might be able to find this in product manual.
- In the router’s admin console, look for the option to change the username and password. Generally, it is under “Settings”, “Management”, “Maintenance” or “Tools”.
- If you are updating the username, make sure to use a unique name
- If you are updating the password, then be sure to use a password that contains:
- at least 8 characters
- a combination of uppercase and lower letters
- At least 1 number and 1 special symbol
- Click Save or Apply once you have updated your login information. The device might need to reboot for the settings to take effect.