The error normally indicates the prior patch file is missing or damaged. This is easily corrected by manually installing the most recent patch file. Once the patch has been installed manually, EasyUpdate will resume it's normal function.
- Open your browser.
- Go to this page:
- Download the Antivirus / Malware pattern file to your desktop.
- Double-click the file to run it.
- Allow the install to complete.
The next time you run EasyUpdate, the updates should install normally for you.
If EasyUpdate still generates this error message after performing the steps above, please try the following:
- Close all programs.
- Click on Start and the Control Panel. You may need to go to Settings and then Control Panel depending on your version of Windows.
- Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Scroll through the list and locate the program.
- Select the program and click the Change button.
- When prompted, select the Repair option.
- Once the repair is completed, perform the manual update from the steps above once more.
If at this point, you are still getting this error message, we recommend that you completely uninstall and reinstall the program.