Objects consist of two files - a WebEasy Template (.TPL) file and a GIF or JPG image with the same name as the template. The template file contains the definition of the object, and the image is what will appear in the photo browser.
For a specific example, instructions are provided on how to create an object that is a company logo that links to the company web site:
1) Go to the "File" menu and select "New -> Blank Document". Click "OK" on the screen that appears.
2) Insert the company logo onto the page.
3) Move the image so it is in the top left hand corner of the page. Leave a little space between the image and the edges of the page.
4) Right-click on the image and select "Link" from the menu that appears.
5) Select the "Internet" tab
6) Select the "World Wide Web Site" button.
7) Enter the web site URL in the "Address" box, for example " http://www.v-com.com/ " - be sure to include the "http://" part.
8) Click "OK".
9) Click on the page, somewhere other than where the image is.
10) Select "Size" from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
11) Enter a width and height a little bigger than the size of the logo.
12) Move the image so that it is centered on the page.
13) Go to the "Build" menu and select "Preview" to verify that your link works correctly.
14) Go to the "File" menu and select "Save As -> Template". Go to the "WebEasy\Objects Folder", and enter the name "Company Logo". Click "Save" to save the object.
15) Close the file.
Congratulations! You just made a re-usable object. To test it, try the following:
1) Create a new web site.
2) Use the Photo Browser to go to the Objects folder. You should see your company logo object.
3) Drag the Company Logo object onto the page, then preview your site.