This is the same process as linking to other file types such as an MP3 file. The link is held by a placeholder object. Please refer to this article:
How do I attach an MP3 audio file to an object in Web Easy? (KB005136)
- Place the object on the page that will hold the link to the Word or Excel document.
- Right click on the object, then click on Link.
- Click on the Internet tab.
- Select the Link to: File option.
- Browse for the File name and path.
- Click on OK.
When the link is clicked it will download or view the Word or Excel document, depending on the browser settings of the viewer.