If you are unable to install the pattern files normally, we recommend that you complete the testing found here:
Problems updating pattern files in v9 or later. (KB000012)
If after performing the previous testing and/or troubleshooting you are still unable to install the pattern files through the program, you still have the option to install them manually. In order to do this, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the following page:
- This will open a white page with a URL printed on it. Copy that URL, paste it into your Address bar and go to that page.
- You should now receive a prompt asking if you want to Save or Run a file with a .SGN file extension in the file name. At this point, you will want to choose the Save option and download that file. We recommend it is saved to some place easily located, such as your Desktop.
- After the pattern file has been downloaded, click on the AVSupportTool.exe link shown below.
- When prompted, click the Save option.
- You will want to save this file to the SystemSuite or Fix-It installation folder.
- After it is saved, browse to that folder and double-click the AVSupportTool.exe file to launch the application.
- Click on the "Manually Install" button.
- Select the file that you saved in step 3 to update your pattern files.